I help professional women master healthy boundaries so they can create a fulfilling life- a career they enjoy, aligned with their values and deep, meaningful relationships- without succumbing to feelings of guilt and relapsing into people-pleasing.
- People rely on me, so saying "no" is selfish.
- I may hurt this person's feelings if I say "no".
- If I stay at my boss's beck and call, I might get that promotion, even if I have to miss out on family time.
- I don't want to feel guilty, so I'll say "yes" just this one time.
- If I say no, I might feel like I'm missing out.
- I want this person to like me (boss, new connection, colleague, etc), so I'm going to say "yes".
- I don't want to come off rude, so I can't say "no".
- You feel like you have to stick up for yourself often, because people don't know your boundaries.
- You feel like you don't have enough time to yourself and doing things you enjoy.
- You often find yourself annoyed with certain people because they do and say things you don't agree with.
- You feel like you don't have enough control over your life.
- You feel like some people don't respect you or take you seriously.
- You find yourself "stuck" in situations often.
- You have few deep relationships and connections.
Learn how to prevent others from crossing boundaries and do it from a place of self-honor and care for others. Learn what boundaries are and are not. Learn how boundaries actually deepen our relationships, and make room for fulfillment.
The words we speak to ourselves shape our reality. Start your day with affirmations to help keep your boundaries firm and a more positive and successful day. Make a list of your own. Prioritize your affirmations, be intentional, and recite them daily.
I have decided and am destined to be happy.
I am powerful.
My mind and body are healthy.
It's okay to say no.
It is my job to make myself happy.
It's not my job to fix others.
I have the right to my own feelings.
I am the heaven I seek.
I know, I decide, I act.
I am capable of amazing things.
I am worth the money.
The universe never stops creating, and neither do I.
My full expression brings happiness.
I am always evolving.
I erase any age condition.
Michelle participated in a panel discussion that recognized the complexities of Allyship, what it looks like and how to be an ally without having a shared experience at an intimate event at our school. She truly engaged with our audience with her transparency, humor, and expertise. Michelle has a way of connecting with people on an organic level and imparts techniques and takeaways that provide useful tools to positively impact their lives. The guests left feeling motivated and inspired. We look forward to having Michelle back to speak in the future.
Michelle (and Privilege to Progress) is a very informed and engaging facilitator. She (and Melissa) conducted a very successful workshop that sparked crucial dialogue for my organization, I highly recommend her!
Michelle possesses rare and invaluable characteristics that allow her to achieve great outcomes as a life coach. She is able to ignite the flame we all have within us and motivate people to strive for things beyond what they think they are able to achieve. She helps people see their genuine ambitions and desires and break down any imaginary barriers that have been keeping them from reaching for those goals. Her ability to read peoples emotions enables her to adapt her style of communication compassionately in a way that her clients are most receptive to the message. As mentioned, Michelle has an incredible ability to read people and feel their emotions and thoughts. She's able to put herself in other peoples shoes, understand where they're coming from, and what you can do to help them if they're in a bad way. She does this in a way that never feels belittling or aggressive, but in a way that MAKES people want to do something.
Self-assured - You know who you are and stay true to yourself in every light. Even in challenging situations, your actions are reflective of your deep routed beliefs, and your commitment to be the person you aim to be. Through your evolution your confidence is unwavering, and that to me is rare.
2. Humanity - You have a compassion for others, especially for those that need it most at any given time. You genuinely care about the greater good, and this is becoming more and more heightened
3. Curiosity - You don’t accept only what’s in front of you, you have an itch to continue to absorb all that is out in the universe, you are not complacent. Whether it be topics like the animal kingdom, the best exercise band, or oppression your interest will continue to take you places